Antibacterial Sulfaclozineis an belonging to the group of sulfonamides. Like all sulfonamides, sulfaclozine is a competitive antagonist of para-aminobenzoic acid (PABA), a precursor of folic acid, in protozoa and bacteria.
Folic acid is a coenzyme necessary for the synthesis of nucleic acid, hence sensitive species do not multiply in the presence sulfaclozine.
Each one gram contains :……………………….600 mg Sulfaclozine sodium monohydrate.
Eq. to : 525 mgsulfaclozine base.
Broiler chicken & Turkey
In Broiler chickenand turkeys: for the treatment of coccidiosisdue to infection with Eimeria species in the early stage of infection,fowl typhoid due toinfection by Salmonellagallinarum also in the early stage of infectionand fowl cholera due to infection withPasteurellamultocida.
Dosage & Route of administration:
Route of administration: orally via drinking water.
For whole product:
Broiler chickenand turkey:
Coccidiosis (except E.Tenella and E.Necatrix):
- 95 mg Cocciclozin/kg b. wt/ day. For 3 consecutive days.
In case of E.tenella and E.necatrix:
- 143 mg -190 mg Cocciclozin /kg b.wt/day. For 3consecutive days.
In case of Salmonellosis caused by Salmonella gallinarum:
- 95-190 mg Cocciclozin/ kg b. wt / day. For 5 consecutivedays.
- Not used in layers producing eggs for human consumption.
- Provide sufficient drinking water reception during treatment.
Contra – Indication:
Not used in the following cases:
- injury to the hematopoietic system.
- Severe liver and renal disease.
- hypersensitivity to sulfonamides.
In long-term intake from Sulfaclozine there can be a blooddyscrasias by fault of the effect of leucopoiesis, characterized by agranulocytosis and thrombocytopenia.
Turkey: 21 Days.
Broiler chicken: 7 days.
Stored at temperature not exceed 30 C˚.