Difloxacin is belonged to Fluoroquinolones group which, exert their antibacterial effect against both replicating and non-replicating micro-organisms.
Difloxacin hydrochloride is bactericidal in activity and acts by inhibition of bacterial DNA gyrase enzyme.
Strains of Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus intermedius have been shown to be sensitive to Difloxacin.
Each 1 ml contains: Difloxacin Hcl 109.13mg (Eq. to Difloxacin base 100 mg)
In dogs Royalditril is indicated for the treatment of:
Acute uncomplicated urinary tract infections caused by Escherichia coli or Staphylococcus spp
superficial pyoderma caused by Staphylococcus intermedius.
Dosage & Route of administration:
Route of administration: Orally via drinking water.
For whole product:
1 ml Royalditril / 20 kg body weight per day, for at least 5 days.
In case of Superficial pyoderma may require treatment for up to a maximum of 21 days.
- The medicated drinking water should be prepared freshly each day.
- To be used only in dogs.
Contra – Indication:
- Do not use in epileptic dogs.
- Difloxacin do not use in small and medium-sized breeds of dogs up to and including 8 months of age, in large breeds up to 1 year of age and in giant breeds up to 18 months of age.
- Dogs treated orally with Difloxacin (as hydrochloride) at 10 times the recommended dose for 10 days occasionally showed mild adverse reactions such as orange/yellowing discoloration of the feces.
- These adverse reactions were self-limiting within one or two days and did not require additional treatment
Stored at temperature not exceed 30 C˚.